Thursday, December 27, 2007

Picks of the Week



So todays post is about the songs that I haven't been able to avoid for the past week or so (and you shouldn't avoid either). Everyone I speak to goes through little bouts of obsession with a select few songs each week, I am no different, there is always something I'm really feeling at the moment. But then again, isn't that what this site is all about?

The first song of the week is the Boys Noize remix of I-robots "Frau". Now, the first time I heard this song was way back in the day (like 2 years ago) and it has been on my mind ever since, its the kind of thing that you cannot forget. I know I did my Boys Noize post a few days ago, but come on, he makes bangers.

I-Robots - Frau (Boys Noize Remix)


Second pick of the week is the Midnight Fuck Remix of M83's "Run Into Flowers" by Jackson. M83 is a french group who make atmospheric music and somewhat emotional music. Jackson has taken this track and given a nice head-bobbing beat.
(p.s. you could totally fuck to this too)

M83 - Run Into Flowers (Midnight Fuck Remix by Jackson)

Third is the datA remix of Tepr's "Minuit Jacuzzi" a nice little number to get that big ol' ass bouncin' (I don't really know what to say about this song)

Tepr - Minuit Jacuzzi (datA Remix)

Shout out to Molekei for hooking these tracks up.

Fourth is the song "Archangel" by Burial. Now, I don't think I've ever put up a dubstep song on the site so prepare yourself chillun, shit's fucked up. But, it will hold you hostage.

Burial - Archangel

Big shout out to Tom & Truspin over at The Sweet Fix for this one. If you haven't been there yet, GO. These dudes hold it down. Tom, Truspin holler at me.

Until next time kiddies.

No comments: