Monday, April 2, 2007

Baile Funk



Bonde Do Role are the leading purveyors of Brazil's new cult-following status music; Baile Funk. Afew years ago, Diplo discovered funk carioca, the booming Miami bass-ish sound of Rio de Janeiro's shantytowns. "It was, like, little children screaming about drugs over a Smiths loop and a breakbeat," says Diplo "I thought it was perfect music." Bonde do Role, the first signing to Mad Decent, have a juvenile approach on the sound, pairing the biggest, dumbest samples ever with comically dirty shout-rapped Portuguese lyrics. "The joke is to be as stupid and cheesy as you can be," says MC and producer Pedro D'eyrot, "and people will buy it."
The hype behind these guys is incredible and you can tell they do not give a flying fuck.
A typical lyric: "I was at a party/And I saw a whore/I put my tongue into her asshole/And my tongue came out all dirty."
Amazing.

Bonde Do Role - Solta O Frango

Bonde Do Role - Gasolina (Radioclit Remix)

Bonde Do Role - Melo Do Tobaco (Radioclit Remix)

No comments: